FRMS is a data-driven and scientifically based process that allows for continuous monitoring and management of safety risks associated with fatigue-related error. As part of a continuous safety improvement process, which includes identifying and addressing fatigue factors across time and changing circumstances, IBR assists in tailoring FRMS systems to fatigue challenges in a variety of operational settings. By monitoring work schedules and using subjective and objective measures of fatigue effects, IBR generates valuable data within a non-punitive reporting system as part of an overall risk oversight process.
Coupled with our recognized computer modeling expertise, IBR helps to plan and implement an FRMS program that:
- Measures and assesses current conditions
- Provides analysis and modeling to determine root causes of fatigue
- Helps management devise strategies to mitigate operational fatigue risk
- Provides employees with specific guidance for behavioral changes and life-style decisions to reduce fatigue
- Generates overall assessment and feedback of FRMS success
IBR was contracted by the FAA to design FAA Advisory Circulars AC No: 120-103 (FRMS) and AC No: 120-110 (Fatigue Basics) to provide guidelines for implementation of FRMS in aviation.
Click here to download IBR’s brochure Fatigue Risk Management Systems Tools & Services
For a information on fatigue risk management and the SAFTE-FAST fatigue modeling tool, click here